Arron Stanton Training

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paying the Dues of Passion and Time

In 1989 I read Marsha Sinetar's book, Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow: Discovering Your Right Livelihood (available at Amazon.com for $11.56) and liked how it sounded. I was years then from discovering for myself how this principle worked. I'm a thinker, late on doing.

I was seduced by the promise of digital movies in 2006 when I did a week-long certification seminar on Final Cut Pro. I finally leapt off the cliff and quit my daytime job in March 2008. In May I shot my first model, Kaleb, after testing lights on my neighbor, Ryan, who was kind enough to sit on my posing stool for images he wanted to send to his Greek friend. Kaleb was my first teacher and I was no longer just being seduced. I had fallen completely in love.

It has taken almost two years to move the inch I needed from dreaming to doing. I've done 18 photo shoots now and it's starting to feel like home. I have lots more to learn, enough that I am not eager to push myself into commercial light. I suspect, if Sinetar is right, the push will come by itself. Passion makes one devote his time to what he loves and what he loves makes him talk about it, share it, enthuse and lyricize about it. The magic is simple and fundamental and to think that life is rife with magic like this!

Posted via email from The Pursuit of Duende

No comments: