Arron Stanton Training

Monday, August 3, 2009

Capturing video on iMovie

For some reason, iMovie keeps reporting an error when I capture from tape with stabilization analysis. I end up having to manually stabilize as much as 3/4 of the capture. Still the feature has been incredibly useful for my handheld shots. At the Japanese festival yesterday, eM took over the camcorder. She is good with chatting people up while shooting them and their kids. The footage is very shaky. It reminds me of what I used to shoot before I got more careful to hold the camera really steady. It's hard to do with a small camcorder but small has meant I shoot more footage. Using the large, heavy camcorder I seldom took it out to shoot. It works best for studio shoots.
 
August was the month I decided I would switch to capturing and editing video on FCP. I had not banked on FC Suite getting upgraded but that actually worked well. I have not yet started using FCP. I need to do the Lynda tutorial for the FCS3 but will need to do the essential FCP7 tutorials as well. It's been so long since I've used FCP. And I never used Motion or Color. The task is daunting but I can't let that discourage me.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: