Arron Stanton Training

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

iMovie '09 acquires FCP-like editing options

I finally got back to doing lynda.com tutorials. I want to get back into video-editing so I began by learning to use iMovie. I guess I am putting off using Final Cut Pro by learning the simpler program. In fact, my one completed video was edited on iMovie 6, many moons ago! Working on just one video from Garrick Chow's Tutorial, 'iLife '09 New Features, took an hour. Edits now comprise those that maintain the length of the finished video and those that modify them. I wonder how precise the Precision Editor is. It would be nice to be able to edit the clip precisely at the playhead position.
 
I am encouraged by what I've seen iMovie do so far. I wish I can go on but I need to do another chore before ending the work day at the gym at 5:30, an hour from now. Tomorrow is Trash Day. I need to bag tons of stuff from the garden closet under the stairs so I can move around there and make the space useful again.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: