Arron Stanton Training

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pan-broiled Chicken Platter

I marinated chicken that I had cut up in the Chinese style i.e. across the bone for smaller pieces than you would get if you separated the parts at the joints. I was going to make a stew with tomatoes and maybe artichokes and/or tiny Niçois olives. Today I decided to keep it simple and broiled the chicken on a dry, hot, no-stick pan, my favorite Cuisinart purchase. In the same pan I roasted a sliced garlic clove, two Roma tomatoes, an inch of zucchini, snowpeas and a few Romaine lettuce leaves. I sprinkled the vegetable with a South Island spice mix (with turmeric, onions, etc) and spray-misted the whole with extra-virgin olive oil. I like Pompeian because I like its full, fruity flavor. I am not like some cooks who avoid the olive-flavor in non-Mediterranean dishes. For me the olive oil taste goes with practically everything. But maybe this is because I often cook over very high heat. I love vegetables prepared this way and I especially love that the whole meal can be prepared in one pan. Nothing like properly burnt food for that crunch and umph-taste appeal!

Posted via email from Duende Joes

No comments: