Arron Stanton Training

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eating Just the Right Amount Is Not Easy


Lunch at home today was how I should eat every meal. After writing at McDonald's this morning I stopped by TJ Maxx where I found a new arrival from the Sam & Squito line square and rectangular white bone-china dishes. I have been looking for these after refusing to pay hefty price tags at Crate & Barrel. I took home a service for two people, the usual number of place settings for my dinners. After washing the plates I had to use them there and then. The result is this plated lunch of red-leaf-lettuce salad with no oil, curried chicken breast salad, and home-cooked fries.

Alas, for dinner I negated the good feeling from lunchtime. I was upset about a minor incident and decided to eat out. The food at my neighborhood Chinese is too easy to eat. On Sunday evenings, the buffet is crowded. The people who eat there come from the neighborhood. Elderly couples, the woman with perfectly fixed white hair in her Sunday clothes, the man in jackets, and young families, Indian, African-American, Mexicans: these are not the folks you see at Olive Garden much less at Manggiano's. Clothes and style tell so much about people's income levels. Judging books by their covers is so superficial but nonetheless makes an accurate statement of our classless society.

Posted via email from Duende Joes

No comments: