Arron Stanton Training

Friday, April 3, 2009

Early mornings or late nights for the most productive times


For a change I was up at 4:15 this morning and instead of going back to sleep started my day there and then. Nine o'clock and I feel I have already done somethinyybodyg with the day.
 
Memories of early mornings entice and tease me. The early bird gets the worm. I heard that as a child and the adage exerts enormous influence even today. But I also love staying up into the wee hours and I love the deep, comforting quiet. Since quitting work at the clinic I have indulged my love for late nights but don't have much to show for the indulgence. Maybe indulgence can be excessive. I can try something else.
 
One of my favorite morning memories: Waking up the first morning I was in the Philippines with my sisters. April had met Merma, our eldest, and me at the airport. A family friend had an SUV. Danny drove us to Laguna where we had a lavish seafood dinner and stayed at a new Western-style hotel. Jet lag made me wake up at four just as I did this morning. I went outside to the hallway and watched the purple sky turn orange and listened to the cocks crow and church bells ring. I was a child again but with a difference. The sights and sounds that I took for granted as a child now were precious again, new old memories to cherish.
 
This image is from Venice when our plane laid over at the Marco Polo International Airport and Francisco and I decided to take the local bus to Venice. That photos from that trip are the only ones available to me on my laptop.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: