Arron Stanton Training

Monday, April 6, 2009

Making the perfect sandwich with a panini press


A grill pan with press cover takes the sandwich the next step higher, a panini! The enameled cast-iron grill pan didn't come with instructions and I couldn't find it on the Cuisinart website either. Trial by error however turned out a taste sensation beyond what I thought it could do.
 
Toasting a slice of bread on the pan produced not only handsomer-looking toast but when filled and covered with another slice and pressed down with the cover, the result is heavenly. I want to quit using superlatives but not today. This sandwich was over the top! I didn't even use cheese slices as one does with a grilled cheese sandwich, that thoroughly American invention. The filling was scrunched down and the three layers were melded together for a wholly captivating new eating experience. A sandwich like this is fit enough for an elegant dinner yet the simplicity of technique as well as the ingredients one can use to make the panini takes gustation to new heights.
 
Unfortunately the images I took of the dish from directly above did not work out. I hand-held the camera and the images were blurred. One of these days I'll take the time to properly learn lighting techniques and take the time to implement what I learn. For now I am still working on the basics of Photoshop CS4 with Chris Orwig. I just finished his video tutorials on the different ways to view downloaded images. These techniques alone radically change how I begin to view, sort and organize my images.

Posted via email from Duende Joes

No comments: