Arron Stanton Training

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blackberry Melon Yogurt Compote

Fruit is the ideal ending to a meal. The sweetness refreshes the tongue. The colors and natural textures remind us whence nourishment and even life itself come.
 
Preparing lunch with Tony yesterday I started with bits of ideas what to serve. I knew I had melon in the fridge but opening the fridge door to take it out I saw the container of blackberry. Purple and orange: one of my favorite color combinations. In an unopened container, nonfat Greek yogurt, and honey in a squeeze bottle from the cupboard and we had dessert.
 
As much as possible I try to prepare things ahead of time. I drizzled the honey on the yogurt and stored the compotes in the refrigerator. By the time I took them out, the honey had disappeared into the yogurt. Next time, do the honey at the last minute!
 
Greek yogurt is a treat. Even nonfat it is thick and rich, almost like cheese. With honey, it is heaven.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: