Arron Stanton Training

Monday, June 15, 2009

Creating Priorities in Learning a New Trade


I have been working on iMovie tutorials the past week and processing images just with the little I learned from the first chapters of Chris Orwig's Photoshow CS4 tutorial for photographers. I stopped working on that tutorial just as Chris started to talk about RAW images. Maybe I should go back to that tutorial. I have all the time in the world and no time. There is so much to learn about digital photography and videography. I've assuaged my frustration by giving myself three years to learn a new profession and start earning money again but having to choose what I learn first is challenging enough. I also want to feel the delight of making something I am proud of.

Today, I did my usual routine processing this image. I pressed a keyboard shortcut that turned the image to black-and-white. I like black-and-white. The serendipitous action reminded me of the many other Photoshop techniques I want to learn. I have plenty of digital images to practice on. (I want to improve the quality of the images I am shooting but that's an additional complexity to the challenge of choosing what I do from day to day.) I know I can't zigzag back and forth too much or I won't learn enough of some aspect of the business to really apply what I am learning to products. I am well aware that the challenges I face are mosquito bites compared to what other people face. Still mosquito bites are annoying.

Posted via email from Duende Arts

No comments: