Arron Stanton Training

Monday, June 29, 2009

Nirmala's Cauliflower

I was at Nirmala and Thakor the other day. As usual, before I could leave, Nirmala had a bag of food for me to take home. I had them for lunch yesterday and called her later. The cauliflower and broccoli flowerets were wonderful! They had a fresh taste, simple, without a hint of the Indian spices that she loves to use with her food.
 
The secret was to put a little oil and salt into the water in which I boil the vegetables, take them out when still crunchy, and voila! She uses soy oil but it tasted fine with the canola oil that I use. Simplicity wins the day! The oil brings out the flavor in the vegetables. Nirmala told me the technique works for carrots and potatoes, too, except they'd need a little longer boiling.

Posted via email from Duende Joes

No comments: